Sunday, February 07, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Sunday, February 07, 2010
I love college football.  I think the games are exciting because I have a local team to cheer on.  I love game days when everyone wears blue and orange and proudly displays their car flags and magnets.  So far, that love of college football hasn't carried over into a love of NFL football.  I watch one NFL game a year... the Super Bowl.  I hardly know the teams that are playing and usually don't have a clue who I really want to cheer for.

The funny thing is that I love Super Bowl Sunday.  I think it's a fun time to gather with family and friends and just hang out eating yummy food.  I hit two Super Bowl parties today (thanks Kim/Scott and Jared!) - and I think the scale will definitely take a hit tomorrow.  Someone mentioned that Super Bowl is like the Thanksgiving of junk food.  So true!  After an evening of triple chocolate truffle cheesecake, chips and guacamole, deep fried cheese, shrimp cocktail, etc, I'm completely stuffed (and not super excited to record my food consumption for my trainer).  I thought tonight's game was really fun to watch and was excited to see the Saints pull off the win.  Definitely a fun-filled evening.

0 comments: