Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For the Love of Politics - Idaho State Budget

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Last year I blogged about how much I enjoyed BYP's For the Love of Politics event.  Well, I am the lead person in charge of this year's panel!  It has been kind of stressful since I don't really have contacts in the political arena, but everything is finally coming together.  We're doing a panel on the Idaho state budget.  Here's what we've got planned:
  • 5:15: Optional tour of the newly remodeled capitol building
  • 6:00-6:15: Budget Overview by Shelby Kerns, Financial Management Analyst,Sr. with the Division of Financial Management
  • 6:15-7:30: Panel Discussion and Q&A
    • Moderator: Thanh Tan, Producer/Reporter/Host with Idaho Public Television
    • Panelist: Representative Shirley Ringo
    • Panelist: Roger Brown, Financial Management Analyst, Sr. with the Division of Financial Management, Special Assistant to the Governor
    • Panelist: Representative Raul Labrador
I'm really hoping for a great event!  Anyone can come (it's on Feb. 24th), but we ask that you register so we can have an idea of numbers (it's free!).  Also, if you have any questions you think would be good to ask the panel members about the budget, let me know!

As a side note, I was at the Capitol last week... we got to go in the Ceremonial Governor's Office.  It was a really beautiful room!  Here's my picture sitting at the desk.

1 comments:

Sally said...

Awesome picture. You are so civic-minded :). I think it's great you're so involved.

By the way, love your new watch and WHAT??? Macy's is going out of business. Oh, sad to have missed that sale. Anyway, the watch is stylin' and welcome to TiVo world :). It's great!