Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Kept Me From College GameDay?

Thursday, September 30, 2010
Yes, College GameDay came to Boise... and I missed it!  What, do you ask, could have kept me from this first-time event?  Only the largest women's-only 5k event in the nation - the Women's Fitness Celebration!  For the last several years, I have participated on the Cutler Crew team, and I really didn't want to miss this year's race.  I do admit that it was somewhat of a sacrifice though.  I went back and forth, back and forth - College GameDay or Women's Fitness Celebration?  Several members of my race team were surprised to see me when I showed up to carpool down with them because they just knew I would be at GameDay!  I am bummed I had to choose, and that I missed ESPN highlighting Boise State's football team, but I had a really great time at the race.  In fact, I ran my fastest time by over 2 1/2 minutes at 27:22 (this wasn't my fastest 5k time, but was my fastest time for this specific race).  Maybe I should train for next year's race and see if I can improve my time by another 2 1/2 minutes :-)

0 comments: