Wednesday, November 02, 2011

How It Happened & Plans!

Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Everyone has been asking how Matt proposed, so here you go.  As I blogged about a few days ago, we attended a Halloween party at Jared's house on Saturday night... Well, after the party, Matt helped me carry a bunch of stuff into my house, and before he left, he told me he had a question to ask me.  He got down on one knee and was holding a ring - he told me he loved me and asked me to marry him!  I was totally surprised (I had a good idea it was coming at some point, but had no idea he was asking me that night!)  And as I already posted, I told him yes(Note: We may or may not have still been dressed as a cowboy and Indian.)  He then placed this beautiful ring on my finger.  Really, the picture doesn't do it justice.  It is big and sparkly and simple and elegant and just perfect.  I love it.  I can't stop staring at it!

I am so excited to marry Matt.  I didn't know if it would be possible for me to love again, but Matt has proven that I can!  I love him so much.  He is wonderful and perfect for me.  And I am excited to be a mom to Kylee.  We are going to have some great family adventures :-)

Truthfully, I wish we could just get married tomorrow, but unfortunately, there are a few steps we have to go through first.  Since we've both been previously married, we have to work through some paperwork with our church and get an approval before we can set a wedding date.  Hopefully this will be a fairly quick process.  We plan on being married in the LDS Twin Falls temple (the Boise temple is currently closed for renovations)... probably just weeks after we hear back!  Ideally we would be married in January, but that could be wishful thinking.  I've heard that the process we are going through could take just a few weeks, or it could take several months.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

At this point, we aren't planning on having a reception... so if you don't receive an invitation, that's why!  If we do end up planning some kind of an open house, we'll be sure to let people know.  For now, we'll be working on making "my" house "our" house... starting with turning my guest bedroom into Kylee's future room.  I'll be selling the couch/daybed that's currently in there... if you're interested, let me know!  I'll probably post it on Craigslist this weekend.


6 comments:

Mandy Nelson said...

Were you still in your cowboy & indian costumes?? :)

MaiTy said...

You definitely need to have at least an open house, if not a reception! You'll want pictures to show your future kids, and you have to let everybody help you celebrate! It doesn't have to be huge or expensive, but don't sell yourself short!! You DESERVE a celebration!!

The Thackers said...

I am sooooo excited for you!!!! I thought it was coming, too...(I've been watching things on pinterest!) LOL!! Can't wait to meet him! We are going to have a get together hopefully this month! I've been planning on it but needed things to settle down a bit. :D YAY!!!! I agree with MaiTy, you probably don't want to do a huge reception deal...you've both already done that but a nice simple open house would be wonderful for everyone to come celebrate with you! I would totally help you with whatever you need!

Robin said...

I like mandy's question.

I hope it happens quick. I am so happy for you. I wanted so much to interview Matt when we were together but there just was never a good time. I love you and am so glad you found true love. :)

Beki and Bryce said...

i totally had mandy's question also. this makes me sooo happy!!!!

Tiffany Giraud said...

I'm so glad Matt found you. He is such a lucky guy and I can't even tell you how happy it makes me that Kylee will have you in her life. Welcome to the family Kim!