Wednesday, November 04, 2009

November 4

Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Yesterday I had the chance to serve as a volunteer at the cannery. I love that it's pear season - the cannery smelled delicious! I had a different job this time than I've had before - I worked toward the front of the line. Once the pears were washed, they came to my area, where we put the pears on a machine that would peel and slice them. The machine would grab the pears every few seconds, so it took a little more concentration than the quality control jobs I have had in the past, but it really was a lot of fun.

I read that between the 14 LDS canneries across the nation, 1 million cans of food are processed each year... that's a lot of food! Today I am thankful to have a good job and that I can put food on the table. I am thankful for the opportunities I have to serve others who are down on their luck or who are in need at this time.

0 comments: