Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Platinum Rule

Saturday, August 18, 2007
We've all heard of the Golden Rule before - treat others as you would want to be treated. I really liked this comment on a LifeHacker post about the "Platinum Rule" and thought I'd share:

"The best advice I ever got is what someone called the Platinum Rule: Treat others the way THEY want to be treated. Not everyone wants to be treated the way YOU want to be treated. So, for instance, buy your mother-in-law the earrings SHE would want, not the ones YOU would want. Give your husband the 10 minutes of quiet time HE wants when he walks in the door even though YOU like to be greeted and chatted up instantly. And so on."

2 comments:

Lisa O said...

Good advice. I like this idea.

Jroo said...

I like the platinum rule, Kim. I'm going to remind Corinne of it EVERY DAY (insert evil laugh)!