Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Like it was yesterday...

Tuesday, June 02, 2009
I loved college. Like many, I definitely had my ups and downs, but overall I had a great experience. My favorite college memories mostly surround a group of really excellent roommates... None of us are the best at staying in touch (unless blogs count!), but when we get together, we just pick right back up where we left off. It's hard to explain the friendships we have, but I feel like we all need each other. We reminisce about fun memories, we laugh together about things everyone's kids have done, we cry with each other through struggles and trials, we confide in each other, and we lift each other up with our love for one another.

This weekend, we converged in Salt Lake... coming from all across the nation. Lisa just moved to Salt Lake from Rochester, New York, Corinne drove from northern Virginia, Jessica flew up from Texas, Sunny drove down from Rexburg, Emily came up from Provo, and I drove down from Boise. It was so nice to all be together again. It was a quick trip - we really only had one full day together. We did a little shopping, but spent most of our time in the hotel rooms just talking and catching up. I am excited Lisa lives closer now and that Corinne will be in Boise for a couple months, and I'm looking forward to our next roommate reunion.

Here's all 6 of us in December 2001:
And here we are now!
We also had a fun treat - thanks to Facebook! I was stoked that our hotel had free wi-fi (along with a a free hot breakfast and free parking!), so of course I brought my laptop along. When I arrived on Sunday, I checked to see what was going on in the world of Facebook. I was excited to see that one of my college roommates Cambrea was in Utah for a few days because her brother was getting ready to leave on a mission. Cambrea lived with me, Lisa, and Corinne my junior year of college (which also happened to be my favorite year of college!), so I sent Cambrea a message letting her know we were all in SLC. I was so happy when she joined us Monday evening at the hotel. It was great to catch up with her. Oh, the good ol' days at Casa Dea 17... we sure knew how to have fun!

This was Fall 2000 - cheering on the BYU Cougars at a football game:

And here we are... back together again:
Thanks for a great trip ladies - I love you all!

4 comments:

MaiTy said...

That looks like our apartment, but I'm pretty sure I was living there in December of 2001 and I don't remember us having a Christmas tree. Did we have one?

Kimberly said...

That picture was actually taken in Jess & Sunny's apartment :-)

Corinne said...

Kim- love the post and loved seeing you! I can't wait to get buff with you this summer :)

Lisa O said...

I also loved this post Kim. It's hard to explain the friendship we have, but I think you said it perfectly when you said "we just need each other." My favorite college memories also surround you lovely ladies. Thanks for a sweet reunion. Love you!