Monday, June 15, 2009

Now It's Raining, Now It's Not!

Monday, June 15, 2009
I'm missing the sun! We have had tons of rain this June, and I'm ready for our typical summer weather! By Sunday, we had received almost an inch of rain since the beginning of the month, and we received another .43 inches this morning. Normal for the entire month of June is .74 inches. The only good part about all the rain (in my opinion) is that my water bill will be lower than normal since I haven't had to water my lawn in a couple weeks.

The weirdest part about all our rain is that it doesn't necessarily rain in all of Boise. A couple weeks ago, I was running errands just two miles from my house, and the weather was fine. When I got home, I could tell it had rained there because everything was wet. Same with driving home from work last week... it DUMPED rain as I was getting off the connector, but a couple miles later, it wasn't raining at all, and you could tell it hadn't rained because the roads were dry. I just looked at the 10-day forecast, and it's looking promising (with only a day or two of thunderstorms), so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

1 comments:

Sally said...

I know - it's been so weird. We just got back a couple days ago and couldn't believe the weather. Maybe it is preparing us for WA :).