Sunday, March 07, 2010

Trip to Texas

Sunday, March 07, 2010
I spent this last week in Texas...  The first couple days of my trip were spent visiting my college roommate Jessica and her family.  I'm not sure why I flew into San Antonio instead of Austin, but I sure had fun with my rental car :-)  I got lots of waves, smiles, thumbs up, etc.

I love Jessica and am sad we don't live closer!  We had so much fun chatting, watching the Olympics, shopping at the outlet mall, eating delicious food (four words - creme brulee french toast), etc. that we forgot to take pictures!  This one was snapped just as I was leaving.


The rest of my week was spent at the Alliance Conference - where users from universities that use PeopleSoft from all over the world gather to discuss solutions to problems, present cool system modifications, make connections, etc.  This was my 5th year attending - I absolutely love this conference.  I always come away with a wealth of knowledge and wishing the conference could have lasted another day.

In the evenings after the conference, we enjoyed the San Antonio River Walk and some yummy food.  My co-worker Mark and I enjoyed BBQ at the County Line (where we got a kick out of how gigantic the water glasses were - the straws were at least an inch or two shorter than the glass) and had the best Mexican food at Rosarios... gotta love guacamole, fish tacos, and sopapillas.

We also had fun at the conference's closing night event - there was live country music, line dancing, photo ops, craps, etc.  It was definitely a good week...

3 comments:

MaiTy said...

OK, so I must have missed this.... don't think I'm lame, but who is Mark? How is Jessica doing? She used to have a blog, and the last thing I read, she was in chemo treatments. Looks like you had a fun trip!

Kimberly said...

You're not lame - Mark is my co-worker who was also attending the conference. I probably should have mentioned that!

Jessica is doing well - the tumor has stopped growing for now, so that's good news!

Bethany said...

Can you send me Jessica's number, Kim? I've got an out-of-service number and I was emailing, blog-posting, and facebook-commenting like crazy before our last trip to Austin and, alas, couldn't get in contact with her! You can post it on my blog if you'd like. Thanks! Hope you had a great trip! :)