Tuesday, June 29, 2010

30 Isn't That Old, Right?

Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Thank you to everyone for helping make my 30th birthday one of the best ever!  All the texts, cards, emails, facebook messages, and gifts made me feel special :-)  I loved how Madison assured me in their card that "30 isn't that old".

And a BIG thanks to my mom and dad for having about 30 people over for a BBQ to help me celebrate my big day.  We had a fabulous spread of grilled chicken sandwiches (with hotdogs for the kids), fruit and veggie trays, salads, chips and dip, and desserts.  The weather was beautiful, and we all had a great time just sitting around, talking, and listening to all the kids laugh and play.  Here are some pictures from the night:



A couple weeks before my birthday, we had been talking in a meeting at work about cutting your own hair (yes, we were kind of side tracked).  I shared a story about the time I tried to cut my bangs the day before the first day of my freshman year of college.  They were too long, so I got them wet, combed them down, and cut them straight across.  Well, when my bangs dried, the hair was only about 1/2" long.  I seriously looked like an idiot, so for a few weeks until they grew out, I had to slick them back.  So you can imagine why I laughed out loud when I got this card on my birthday from Bonnie... you would have thought it was custom made for me!


Anyway, here's to what I'm sure will be an awesome year!

3 comments:

Joni and Chase said...

Happy late birthday! I am glad it was a good one~ and no 30 is not at all old=)!!

Corinne said...

It was so fun to be with you that night! The food was delish and the fun was even better!

Sally said...

Looks like a LOT of fun! We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. You look AWESOME for 30 years young!