Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mystique

Sunday, June 20, 2010
A couple months ago, we noticed a new restaurant next to Tucanos... Mystique.  We immediately googled Mystique to see what it was all about, and found out it was a "magical dining experience" - dinner with a magic show.  It sounded so cool, and after perusing the website, I was even more excited to try it out.  Well a couple weeks later, I heard about a gift certificate deal where you could get a $50 gift certificate for $25, so I called a bunch of people and we all got the gift certificates and made plans to have dinner on June 11th.

The whole evening really was delightful!  We ate our five-course meal in a small chamber room... all around one giant table.  We were waited on by excellent waters and waitresses, and the food was just delicious.  Once dinner was over, the lights went out and the magician appeared in the room.  For the next hour or so, he amazed us with trick after trick.  I was in the front seat at the table closest to the magician, and I for the life of me couldn't figure out how he managed those tricks.  It really was magic!  I definitely want to go back some time (they have several different magicians, so you get a different show each time!).

0 comments: