Monday, June 28, 2010

Boise Rec Fest - Part 2

Monday, June 28, 2010
What a weekend!  It's kinda hard to believe that Boise Rec Fest is over.  It's weird to think my life might go back to normal for a little while :-)  Congrats to Brett and the rest of the team... we did it!  Here are a few more highlights from my weekend!

The park looked quite a bit different once all the exhibitor spaces were set up!
As Exhibit Director, I had the chance to go around and talk with each exhibitor about their organization.  It was neat to hear how passionate people are - from preserving land for natural habitat or recreating to skydiving to skateboarding.  They got me excited about different types of recreation... did you know that Water Ski Pro Shop teaches wakeboarding lessons?  I need to book soon because I heard they are booked solid until August!  I also bought my first pair of Reef sandals - I was told they would "change my life" :-)

Here are some other things I enjoyed during the festival:
*  I loved the energy from the people at Elements Therapeutic Massage Emerald... and I just had to take advantage of their free chair massage!

*  I took advantage of the Disc Golf workshop where we learned the different types of discs, how to grip them, and then got to practice putting.  I for the life of me can't figure out how to throw the disc correctly (or even in the right direction!).  But I'm stoked because I scored myself a free disc golf lesson from the disc golf pro who taught the workshop.

* In addition to my Reef sandals, I also ended up buying a hammock (see Part 1), a cool water bottle from Urban Pipeline (it will filter any water source except salt water), and a bamboo t-shirt from Core Concepts.  Good thing I got my escrow overage refund in the mail this weekend :-)

*  I loved the Rec Fest parking...

I was shocked at how quickly all the exhibitors moved out.  What took hours to set up took only 30 minutes to be broken down and moved out of the park.  Once everyone was moved out, we began the cleanup process and went back this morning to finish up.  All in all, I'm thrilled with how the weekend went.  Of course, there are things we'll do differently next year, but for a first time event I think we did pretty well.  If you didn't get a chance to attend, you'll have to check out the news stories posted online.  Here's one from Saturday.  And one last picture... I will sure miss my golf cart!

1 comments:

Lisa O said...

Wow Kim! Looks like the Boise Rec Fest was a great event, and since you have the most Boise Pride of anyone I know I can't think of anyone better to help make it a success. Nice work!