Thursday, March 31, 2011

Denver

Thursday, March 31, 2011
I spent the last few days in Denver for my annual Higher Education Users Group (HEUG) conference.  I love getting together with other functional IT people from PeopleSoft schools around the world to see how they use the delivered product and how they've modified it in other cases to meet their needs.  I always come back from this conference excited and full of ideas.

The only problem is I didn't really take pictures - the only pictures I took this week were for Flat Noah (I'm helping out Mandy's son with a school project)... so I don't have much to show!  I guess all I'll say is that outside of the conference I had a good time hanging out with my co-workers Jami and Mark.  The highlights were:
Mad Greens!!!
We decided Mad Greens should expand to Boise - I even sent them an email asking them to!  It is a delicious salad restaurant... you pick from lettuce, spinach, or mixed greens, then pick a meat, and add on veggies and other toppings.  We all loved it.  In fact, Jami went back again the next night for dinner!  It was also really nice that they had all the nutritional information (calories, etc.) right on the menu.  I got the Edgar Allen Poe - baby greens, apples & pears, walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, and flank steak with port wine vinaigrette.  Mmmmm, wish I was eating one right now.  A special thanks to Mark's hygienist for suggesting it :-)

 The Tattered Cover
Mark knows I love buying books, so visiting the Tattered Cover was his suggestion.  Seriously the coolest book store I've ever been in.  I could have spent hours there wandering the two floors of both new and used books.  I loved how they had staff recommendations all throughout the store.  I ended up buying 3 used hardback books and 4 new paperback books.  Good thing I got a bag at the conference that I could use as a carry on for the plane - my books would have pushed me well over the 50 pound limit for my suitcase!  Mark and I would have loved going back again the next night.  It's probably a good thing for my wallet that I didn't.  I think I would consider flying back to Denver just to visit this bookstore again.

1 comments:

Robin said...

I'm glad you had such a nice trip! Wish I could have seen you.