Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Miserable Night

Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I am a generally healthy person.  I think the last time I was truly sick (not counting allergies, food poisoning, or a 24-hour bug) was back in 2007.  Reading back over that post, I'm glad I don't feel that way again (I was SICK!)... but I did have a pretty rotten night last night.  This "bug" has slowly progressed over the last week from a few sneezes a day to a tickle in my throat to an annoying dry cough to last night when it moved into my head and I had a persistent dry cough.  I literally laid in bed awake for over 6 hours because I was coughing every ten seconds.  SO ANNOYING!  All I wanted to do was sleep!  This bug has drained me and I was so tired.  Finally around 1:30 in the morning I got up to raid my cupboards.  I found that I had 1 teaspoon left of cough syrup with codine from when I was sick in 2007.  I took it.  It didn't help.  Probably because it had expired years ago.  I also found some cough drops - one pack expired in 2005, the other in 2008.  I tried them anyway, and they didn't help much either.  I guess that's what happens when you don't get sick often - you don't have any medicine in the house!  Needless to say, I just showered and I'm off to Albertsons to find some drugs!

0 comments: