Sunday, January 15, 2012

Driggs Family Vacation

Sunday, January 15, 2012
The week between Christmas and New Years, I joined Matt and Kylee and about 50 people from their extended family on a vacation in Driggs, Idaho.  I was told we would be staying in a cabin.  I was picturing sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor in a room with 10 other people.  Instead, this is what we pulled up to:
Okay, this isn't exactly what it looked like... there was a little bit of snow on the ground, but this is the same style of cabin.  And the inside was incredible.
High-end finishes, beautiful wood beam ceilings, plush furniture, tons of bedrooms with walk in closets and luxurious bathrooms.  Seriously fabulous.  We had three cabins between all of us, and I even had my own bed.  I shared a room with Kylee and got to experience a tiny little bit of what it will be like having a kid sleeping in my house.  I got to calm her down after she had a bad dream and get her a snack when she woke up hungry.

The three days we spent in Driggs were great!  I got to know Matt's family (I only had to repeat everyone's names in my head a hundred times to make sure I got them straight), played games, ate delicious food, watched some BYU football, and celebrated and early New Year.  The trick will be if I can remember Matt's relative's names at our wedding in a couple weeks :-)

0 comments: