Monday, January 02, 2012

2011 Fitness Recap

Monday, January 02, 2012
2011 was a great year for me as far as fitness - by far the best I've ever had.  Here's a recap:
  • I went to the gym 177 different times.  That doesn't include the almost-every-Saturday morning training sessions with Brandee that took place at my house or the park and doesn't include any of the times I went running in my neighborhood or on the greenbelt.  All together, I know I had over 225 workouts during the year.
  • I ran over 300 miles throughout the year, including getting a PR on a 5k (24:46), 10k (52:14), and half marathon (2:10:25).  I successfully completed the goal I set at the beginning of the year to run one 5k each week... I missed only three weeks - two weeks in March when I was sick and one week in April when I was in Africa.
  • I lost 13 pounds and have maintained my weight within a couple pounds for the last six months.
  • I lost 25 inches (10 different measurements).  My biggest accomplishment was losing 5.5 inches on my biggest problem area - my abdomen.
  • Probably one of the things I am most proud of is my body fat percentage.  I successfully dropped from the "acceptable" category to "athlete" and have maintained at 19-20% body fat since June.  My goal for this next year is to get to 18%.
Here's to another year of health and fitness!  I hope that 2012 will be just as successful in maintaining an active lifestyle.

0 comments: