Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sub-25 Minute 5k!

Sunday, September 25, 2011
Yesterday was the annual Women's Fitness Celebration.  A couple days before the race, I was looking back at my blog to see how fast I ran last year.  Based on my 2010 time of 27:22, I set a goal of finishing in under 27 minutes... so you can only imagine my excitement when I finished in UNDER 25 MINUTES!!!  My official time was 24:46.  I couldn't believe it.  And I was even more stoked when I looked at the final results online:
  • I finished 12th in my age group of 30-34 (out of 105)
  • I finished 57th overall for those in the timed running wave (out of 654) 
This race is special to me - I remember in 2008 all the training hours I put in just to be able to work up to running three miles without walking... and I remember what an accomplishment it was for me to run the race in 30 minutes.  It was fun this year to be able to train a little bit with Candice who did an awesome job of working up to her 3 miles.  I have really enjoyed our 6am gym dates :-)


2 comments:

Mandy Nelson said...

Great job!

Sally said...

Seriously impressed! Sub 25 minutes is really amazing! You have worked really hard and deserve it. I'm sad I missed seeing you. :( Maybe next year :)

(I shaved 5 minutes off my 2009 time, but doesn't hold a candle to you - way to GO!)