Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Camping" in Style

Sunday, September 11, 2011
The whole gang (minus Joe & Kirstie Bradley who had to leave earlier in the day)
Back in January when we stayed in a cabin in Garden Valley, we decided we wanted to head back up north this summer for a weekend of camping and 4-wheeling.  We finally made it up this weekend!  Jared reserved an RV and a couple 4-wheelers, Jen's family brought up their 4-wheelers and a dirt bike, and another family brought up their 5th wheel.  I have never "camped" with an RV before, so this was a fun luxury!  I think I got the best camping sleep ever :-)

We stayed at a great campground just north of Silver Creek Plunge.
We cooked lots of yummy food - carne asada fajitas, waffles with bacon and scrambled eggs, dutch oven pork spare ribs with dutch oven potatoes au gratin, dutch oven rolls, and caesar salad...  I definitely ate better camping than I would have if I were home!
Jen, Meiken, Kirsten, and Amber - cooking up some tortillas for the fajitas.
Jared's friend Jared - grilling up the carne asada (and some hotdogs for the kids!)
I love dutch oven!
And of course we played!  We all got to take turns on the 4-wheelers, but I loved the dirt bike.  This was really my first time on a dirt bike, and I had a blast (thanks Hunter for letting me ride your bike!)  I thought I would be a little more nervous and stick to the main roads on the bike, but I did end up trying one of the trails.  So. Much. Fun!  I might need to get one :-)
Loving the dirt bike!
Getting ready for a ride
Our camping spot was literally right next to the creek, so Jen, David, and Chris all spent some time fishing... After watching David catch fish after fish, Jen was excited to catch a fish of her own!
People also enjoyed playing games, reading, chatting by the campfire, swimming at Silver Creek Plunge, and more.  Definitely a fun weekend in the great outdoors!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Steph and I want to know what kind of dog that is in your first picture? It is really cool and kind of the size we are thinking to get for our 2nd dog (not for a while though).

Kimberly said...

It's a Cane Corso Mastiff or Italian Mastiff. It's a big dog! This one was just a puppy...