Saturday, May 07, 2011

Woot! Woot!

Saturday, May 07, 2011


I did it!!!  I ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) this morning WITHOUT WALKING!  And not only did I run the entire race, but I ran at an extremely consistent pace of just under 10 minute miles and finished in 2 hours and 10 minutes.  I couldn't have done it without my good friend and trainer Brandee.  We ran the entire race together, crossing the finish line at the same time.  Well, technically I finished a tenth of a second behind her based on our timing chips, but I am going to claim that we tied for 1st in our age group, 10th amongst the women, and in the top 25 overall.  This is seriously a huge accomplishment for me.  I remember just a few years ago when I couldn't even run a half mile.  Thanks to a consistent workout regime and a trainer who pushes me and believes in me, I accomplished something I never even thought possible.

0 comments: