Monday, May 02, 2011

My Favorite Knife

Monday, May 02, 2011
I bought a new knife set about a year ago.  Since then, I have probably used each of the 6 steak knives about a bajillion times, but have hardly touched the other knives.  I guess I didn't realize the benefit of some of the other knives.  Well, I recently discovered this one - a santoku knife - and I fell in love with it.  When I was in Ghana, I helped make dinner a couple nights and the Maughans gave me their santoku to chop vegetables.  I know this probably sounds lame, but I realized that chopping vegetables can be fun!  Since I've been home, I've found excuses to use my new favorite knife.  I've made several salads with lots of tiny, little, chopped up vegetables to go with the mixed greens.  I've also used it for dicing fruit.  So move aside steak knives, there's a new knife in town :-)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ive been wanting to try this style of knife.

I like your new layout. Very clean and crisp.

Mandy Nelson said...

My santoku is my FAVORITE! It's my go to for just about everything!