Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

Saturday, April 30, 2011
I recently discovered something wonderful...  Bountiful Baskets!  Bountiful Baskets is a non-profit food co-op.  Each week I can make a $15 contribution and then can pick up an entire box of fresh fruits and veggies at a location less than 2 miles from my house.  The selection of produce varies each week, and the produce is as local as possible.  The baskets have much more produce than I think I could eat in a week, so I split a basket with Kris.  This was our second week of participating in the co-op, and I couldn't be happier.  This week we received:
  • corn on the cob
  • sweet potatoes
  • apples
  • grapefruit
  • broccoli
  • cucumber
  • cauliflower
  • strawberries
  • cabbage
  • pineapple
  • seedless watermelon
And I still have quite a bit of produce from last week I haven't finished - broccoli, asparagus, grapefruit, apples, diakon radishes (I hadn't heard of these before we got our basket!), sweet potatoes, honeydew melon, cucumber... I think I need to learn to incorporate more vegetables in my diet or my refrigerator will get taken over by produce!

0 comments: