Monday, April 25, 2011

Batik and Family Home Evening

Monday, April 25, 2011
Monday morning I was able to attend "Sister Scripture Study" with Marsha and about 12 other women.  I really enjoyed some of the insights that were brought out in the passages we studied during the hour we had together.

That afternoon I exchanged some money over and did my first bit of shopping.  I have been reading the Maughan's blog over the last 16 months or so and was excited to meet their friend Esther.  Esther makes beautiful batik fabric (more on batik later!)  I bought three different batik patterns from Esther... Marsha made a skirt for me out of one of them, and I hope to make a bag and a dress out of the other two.

We also visited Rose's bead shop and then went to Bernice's where I purchased the most beautiful apron that she made.
Monday evening was really special to me.  Once a month, the Maughans join with others from the area for a group Family Home Evening.  I was lucky enough to have been able to join them as we met at the Cardon's home (Elder Cardon is a member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy) for a potluck dinner and a spiritual message.  Also at the dinner were Elder Sitati (First Quorum of the Seventy) and his wife, Elder Dickson (First Quorum of the Seventy) and his wife, as well as other missionaries serving in the temple, serving a family history mission, the public affairs officers in Ghana, etc.  Dinner was delicious, and I really felt the spirit as we each shared something that we enjoyed from the most recent General Conference.

0 comments: