Sunday, April 03, 2011

Conference Thoughts

Sunday, April 03, 2011
I really enjoyed General Conference this weekend.  I always love listening to the words of counsel from our church leaders, but I felt this conference was exceptional.  I loved Richard G. Scott's sweet talk about marriage and the family and his stories about his dear wife.  Henry B. Eyring's talk about how we can help others in need really struck a chord - he said that when others are struggling or going through a hard time that we should turn our feelings of sympathy into action.  How easy it is to feel sorry that someone is struggling, but then sit and do nothing to help alleviate their suffering.  I want to be better at turning that sympathy into action!  I also loved a quote by President Uchtdorf when he said "Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words."  We should always be an example of our faith to those around us by how we act.

And finally, one of the highlights was the announcement that a new temple will be built in Meridian, Idaho!  How awesome and unexpected.  I look forward to the coming months (and likely years) of watching the construction of the new temple.  I am already excited for the open house when I might get to invite friends outside of my faith to see the beauty of the temple.

0 comments: