Saturday, April 02, 2011

Training with a Trainer

Saturday, April 02, 2011
Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser this week?  The red team lost the challenge so got kicked out of the gym for the week.  They each received $1000 to spend... they had a list of ways they could spend it - on a gym membership, a personal chef, their trainer, massages, etc.  The girls chose NOT to spend their money on the trainer.  At the end of the week, one of the teammates lost 2 pounds and the other lost zero.  Everyone else on the other teams who worked out with their trainers had pretty successful weight loss weeks.  The week ended with one of the red team members going home because she didn't lose weight.

Lesson learned???  Trainers really can make a difference in your journey to become fit.  I have had different people question why I have a trainer - I know that some probably think there are better ways I can spend my money.  But I know for me that being fit and healthy is a priority, and my trainer Brandee holds me accountable to both the food I eat and the effort I put into physical activity.  In fact, she kicks my butt for an hour three times a week.  I wish I was one of those people who was motivated to eat right and exercise on my own - maybe one day I'll be there... but for now, I am so thankful for Brandee and the extra motivation she gives me to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

We start another 12-week biggest loser competition on Monday at our gym.  Here's to 12 weeks of a strict meal and exercise plan... and hopefully some really positive results :-) 

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh! I know it! I've been thinking about getting a trainer this fall (when I am home for moe than 2 weeks at a time). I never was so strong as I was when I had a trainer 2X a week for a year. I was STRONG.

And I couldn't believe how those girls spent that money! A restaurant? Really. They should have skipped the calls home because they were going there anyway! I'm glad the brunette didn't go home. That girl has spunk. I DVR the show and watch it in about 20 minutes. LOVE DVR.

AND--- I like you pottery and if you have any you don't want just sign it and give it to me. :) It will go to the cabin.

Kimberly said...

Haha - I watch pretty much the entire show in fast forward on my tivo too! Because of that, I missed some of the details of the challenge, but we talked about it at my bootcamp class on Saturday!