Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Destination 13.1

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Anybody that knows me knows I don't enjoy running.  And anybody that has been around me the last week has heard me cursing my trainer's name because she decided that as part of our Biggest Loser challenge our team will all be running a half marathon... on May 7th!  So with less than 5 weeks to train I'm supposed to build up from running 3.1 miles to 13.1!  And since I'll be otherwise detained for part of that 5 weeks, I really only have 3 1/2 weeks to build up the endurance to add those extra 10 miles.  Hmmm, not quite sure how that's going to work out.

Anyway, last week was an okay training schedule for me - 3 miles on Tuesday, 3 miles on Thursday, and then Beat Pete on Saturday.  I was nervous about today - we had to run 4 miles.  I have a jam packed day, so I got up an hour and a half earlier than I normally wake up to head to the gym.  And guess what?  Not sure if it's the fact that I ran in the morning or early in the week or what, but I did it!  Fairly comfortably actually.  I wasn't even dead at the end like I expected.  Yea for me!  That gives me just a little bit of hope for the 6.2 mile run I have to do later this week.

1 comments:

McKay Coffey said...

Half marathon sounds like fun...well, it actually sounds like a lot of lactic acid, but the thought of accomplishing something like that sounds good. Good luck to ya!