Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind

Thursday, September 30, 2010
A couple months ago, Jen and I decided we wanted to start a book club, and tonight was our first official book club meeting!  Jen, David, Lance, Carsten, and I met up at Cool Hand Luke's for some yummy food (although the service was extremely slow) and to talk about September's book - The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.  I picked the book because it is this year's campus read at Boise State.  It is a true story of a boy who, amid famine and poverty, finds a book about windmills and decides to build one to produce electricity for his small African village.  I really enjoyed the book and our conversation tonight, and am looking forward to October's book - The Life of Pi.  In fact, I just picked the book up today at a used book store.  I think that's the first time I've ever been into a used book store, but it's only a mile from my house and it was kind of fun getting my like-new book there.

0 comments: