Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Green Smoothies

Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Yesterday was Mandi's birthday, so we celebrated with a family dinner on Sunday.  My mom was SO excited for the dessert she had planned - green smoothies!  I have heard all about how delicious green smoothies from Robin, but I'd never actually tried one until Sunday.  I don't know all that was in there, but I know there was some milk, dates, frozen bananas and strawberries, kale, and spinach.  Sounds gross, and doesn't look that appetizing, but it actually was pretty good!  If you want to give it a try, I recommend checking out Robin's blog for a recipe.  Thanks mom (and Robin!) for introducing me to something new :-)

And just a few shots - everyone enjoyed trying the green smoothies!
Dad preparing the green smoothies
The birthday girl
Even Tanner was excited to try dessert
Almost the whole crew - BJ & Rachel, Mandi TJ, & Hailey, Grandma & Grandpa, & Me!  Just missing Mom, Dad, and Tanner.

1 comments:

Robin said...

And how great did you feel after eating them!?! Awesome. I've started putting frozen watermelon in there. Pineapple is wonderful too, and cantaloupe. And apples. So good.