Monday, January 02, 2012

We Set a Date!!!

Monday, January 02, 2012
Since both Matt and I had been married before, and because we wanted to get married in the LDS temple, we had to go through a process with our church before we could set a date.  I had heard all sorts of time frames, from just a few weeks to six months all the way up to a year.  I had no idea what to expect, but it was important for us to get married in the temple, so we decided to wait it out and see the process through.  Starting the week or so before Christmas, the first thing I did when I got home every day was check the mail.  I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed when we didn't hear anything before Christmas (we had decided that would be a pretty awesome Christmas present).

On December 28th, we headed out of town to spend a few days in eastern Idaho with Matt's extended family.  It was lovely (I'll post more about our trip later)... but the best part (for me anyway) was Friday evening when Matt got an email on his phone from his stake president that we had heard back from the church and could move forward with our plans to get married!!!  I literally started crying.  It was such a relief to know that everything that needed to happen had happened and that we would be getting married soon!  We had already decided on a tentative date of February 2nd (hoping we would hear back in time to move forward with our plans), and now that date was realistic!

I called the Twin Falls temple the next afternoon (December 31st) on our way back home to Boise.  But I didn't get through to anyone.  Instead, I got a recorded message that the temple was closed through January 16th for cleaning and would resume normal operations on January 17th.  Ugh.  Seriously?  How was I supposed to finalize plans and send out invitations without confirming the day/time with the temple?  I was SO disappointed.  I texted my mom letting her know what had happened.  One of the members of the Boise temple presidency lives in my parents' ward, so my mom called them to see what they thought.  They called the Twin Falls temple president for us, who made a special trip back to the temple that afternoon, and got us all set for a 1:00pm wedding on Thursday, February 2nd!!!

I am so thankful for everyone who helped us get to this point.  I can't believe that I could be so lucky to meet Matt, and I can't wait to be his wife.  We will be married one month from today!!

4 comments:

The Cowan Family said...

So happy for you!!!

rawhide said...

that is exciting. glad it all worked out and so quickly!!!

Joni and Chase said...

I am sooo excited for you guys! I wish we could be there especially to actually meet you =) I should have let you know we were in Idaho. Hopefully we will come out this summertime if you will be around. I will keep you posted!

The Thackers said...

That is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G story!!!