Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yes, I Know...

Sunday, January 22, 2012
...I am going to be one of those moms.  I have been blogging for over 5 years now, and have faithfully followed many friends and family members' blogs for just as long.  At this stage in my life, most of my friends have kids, and I notice how their blog posts are mainly focused on their kids.  At times I have thought, "But I want to know what you're doing, not just what your kids are doing!"  Well, here is my first (of what I'm sure will be many more to come) post all about Kylee.  I can't believe I will be a mom in 11 days!

For Christmas, I bought Kylee gymnastics classes - her classes started a couple weeks ago and they will go through the beginning of June.  The first day we went was "show night" and was for all the parents to see what their kids had learned over the last 20 weeks.  My original plan was to drop Kylee off at gymnastics and go next door to my gym for my bootcamp class, but I just couldn't leave her on her first day, especially since all the other parents would be there cheering their kids on.  I was a little worried how Kylee might do since she hadn't even learned any of the things the kids were demonstrating, but she did great!  She wasn't shy at all and was excited to perform for all the family members in attendance.  Here's a little video of one of her "performances."
This last Monday as we were leaving gymnastics, Kylee told me, "I loved that.  Thanks Kim."  Ahhh, melted my heart.

I had this last Monday off work because it was a holiday, so I got to spend all day with Kylee.  One of the things we did was paint her bedroom.  We decided she probably didn't want one orange wall (although we're already brainwashing her to love Boise State!), so we had asked her what color she wanted to paint her room. She said white.  Perfect.  Three of the walls were already white, so we painted the fourth wall the same color to match.  We had decided to let her help paint since it was her room - we thought if she helped decorate her room that it might make it an easier transition.  Anyway, she had a lot of fun and I decided to post this little video too.  I love that you can easily see where Kylee painted.
That night we made gingerbread men cookies.  One of Kylee's favorite bedtime stories is the Gingerbread Man.  She loves helping by saying "Run, run as fast as you can.  You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man." every time we get to that part of the story.  Here's a picture of some of our gingerbread men, and a little video of her helping "read" the story.



2 comments:

Beki and Bryce said...

Im so excited for you to be a mom!!!!!! You will be the best! and kylee is sooo cute! (and so is matt :)

The Thackers said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! :) She is so sweet and I'm excited for you and all the happiness that surrounds you and your new hubby!! Btw, are you still reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? That was a great book!! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!!!