Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Circuit Training

Tuesday, May 29, 2007
I have a new favorite lunch time activity - circuit training. I have been going to the Boise State rec center on my lunch break a few times a week for just over a year now. I really enjoy the group exercise classes that are offered - step aerobics, lift, cycle, etc. because I am much more motivated to work out with others and I like the structure the classes provide. Well the rec center recently started a group exercise circuit training class. We rotate between 1.5 minutes of cardio and 1.5 minutes of strength training. Each person is given a card with the order they should follow for the strength machines and each person picks their own cardio (treadmill, jumprope, elliptical, etc.). Anyway, I feel like I get a great workout, and it's exciting because we're always changing, and you get a new routine every week :-) I really look forward to my Tuesday/Thursday lunch time workout!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

You are amazing Kim! You are so good at keeping your body healthy. I need to learn from you.

Lisa O said...

I totally agree- it is so much easier to work out with others.