Saturday, June 02, 2007

There's a Redbox in my Albertsons

Saturday, June 02, 2007
For quite some time now, my sister Mandi has talked about how cool redbox is. She explained it to me as a "video vending machine" at McDonalds with $1 dvd rentals for new release movies. Well, we didn't have the infamous redbox in Boise until just recently. But I'm not one to drive 3 miles to Hastings to save a dollar or two on my video rental when Blockbuster is less than a mile away, let alone 5 miles to the closest McDonalds. Lucky for me though, my Albertsons has decided to replace their small video rental section with a redbox... and my Albertsons and my Blockbuster share the same parking lot! Goodbye Blockbuster! I can rent FOUR new release movies at redbox for the price of one Blockbuster movie. So unless I want a specific movie and my redbox doesn't have it, I'll be frequenting my local Albertsons on Friday or Saturday nights to peruse the 60 or so new release titles :-)

1 comments:

Mandi said...

I knew you'd like it! We found something even better though . . . I know it is hard to believe. Well, we get a coupon in the mail almost every month for a FREE movie at Holleywood Video. . . no strings attached! Then, we have the benefit of living in an apartment complex. There is a trash can right next to all of the mailboxes here, and everyone just throws the paper in the garbage (they obviously miss the coupon) . . . so we just grab the papers right off the top of the trash . . . so yesterday, we grabbed three free movie tickets! Nice huh!