Monday, June 11, 2007

Rebellious on my Rebel

Monday, June 11, 2007
Tonight was a perfect night for a motorcycle ride. We finished our softball game (which we won, by the way) around 9:15. It was just over 70 degrees, and the sun was setting. I love rides like that. The air smelled so clean, the cool breeze felt good on my face, and I got to really take in and enjoy the changing colors in the sky. The problem is, when leaving the park where we play softball, there's a stoplight. Sometimes, my little 250 Honda Rebel is too light to trip the stop lights. In Idaho, there's a law that allows motorcycles to proceed through a red light if you are skipped in the cycle (I've had to use this law a couple of times in the past). That's just great, but this was the kind of stop light that doesn't actually cycle - I was coming off a side street, and it only turns green if it actually thinks there's a car there. I've been in this situation before, and I've been okay because a car has come up behind me to trip the light. Well I waited for what seemed like several minutes (although it probably wasn't really that long) and there was no car coming up behind me. So I looked both ways, saw there was no car coming, and turned left on a red light. I felt so rebellious :-)

0 comments: