Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boy Jobs

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
There are definitely certain jobs that I consider "boy jobs". You know, the ones that involve climbing up ladders, crawling under the house, digging up big shrubs, fixing the car, etc. Well, tonight I did a boy job - all by myself :-) I recently remodeled my kitchen, which involved new appliances, counters, and cabinet hardware. One neighbor when admiring my new kitchen asked why there weren't knobs on the drawers. Well, because there weren't knobs on the drawers before the remodel! She convinced me that putting knobs on the drawers would dress up the kitchen a little more. I'm glad I listened to her. Tonight, I measured, used an electric drill, and installed 11 new knobs on the drawers in my kitchen, and it looks so much better! I was so proud of the fact that I figured out which drill bit to use, where to place the knobs, etc. Now that I know I can do it, I'm ready to tackle other boy jobs :-)

2 comments:

Lisa O said...

You go girl! I can't wait to see your beautiful new kitchen.

Mandi said...

Cool, I can't wait to see your kitchen next week!