Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Season for Fruit

Sunday, June 24, 2007
A couple years ago, my mom and brother transplanted a few raspberry plants from their garden to mine. I didn't get any raspberries the first year, and I think I can count on one hand how many raspberries I got last year, but this must be my year for raspberries! I was so excited this afternoon to walk out back and see red amongst the green vines of my raspberry plants. Of course I had to try some out right away - they're delicious! It's amazing how good fruits & veggies taste when you pick them from your own garden. I can't wait until I have vegetables to harvest. That won't be long! I've got little tomatoes starting to grow, and I should be able to harvest some zucchini in a week or two!

1 comments:

Corinne said...

How fun! I love rasberries- I can't wait to see your garden on Friday!