Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Body Fat Testing?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Today I met with a personal trainer at the BSU rec center and completed a fitness assessment. With the info he got from the assessment, the trainer will put together a program design especially for me, and we will meet in about a week or two to go over the program. I'm excited to see what he comes back with to see how I can improve my workouts. Part of my assessment, though, was that body fat pincher. Have you ever seen those before? He had to pinch fat on the back of my arm, on my stomach, and on my thigh. I remember seeing one of those pinchers in high school, and opted out of that test then. I couldn't opt out this time (well, maybe I could have, but didn't want to mess up my assessment), so I let him use the pinchers. I didn't ask him about the results - I didn't really want to know :-) Anyway, hope I don't have to do that again. It's not fun having someone pinch your body fat!!! (The picture isn't me getting tested, but I wanted to put it up in case you've never seen one before. I'm not making it up!)

1 comments:

Val said...

Hee hee hee! I used to have to administer the body fat pincher tests! Just remember they are the least accurate way of measuring body fat!