Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Jumped on the Bandwagon

Saturday, January 26, 2008
After at least half a dozen people recommended the Twilight series books to me, I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon to see what everyone was talking about. In the last few days, I read all three books in the series (or about 1700 pages). I enjoyed the books - they are definitely the kind that make you want to keep reading. I decided it's good that I don't get into every book I pick up like I did these books, or else I wouldn't have much of a life. I kind of put everything else on hold this week - going to the gym, cleaning my house, going to the movies, even forfeiting sleep - just so I could keep reading!

Oh, and speaking of books, I thought I'd share this great way that I've discovered to keep track of my books. Shelfari is a way to catalog, tag, review, and discuss books. You can keep of the books you own, the books you've read, and those on your wishlist, as well as see what books your friends have. Let me know if you decide to join Shelfari because I'd love to see what you're reading... I'm always on the lookout for a good book!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

Hmmm . . . so you jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. I have been deciding wether or not to do that. ALL of my friends have read them or are currently reading them. I haven't heard one person who didn't like them. I figure I might read them - but then again - the movie will be coming out shortly too!

Val said...

I just received this book as a Christmas present. I haven't had a chance to read it, but maybe now I'll start! I like the shelfari idea. I'll have to look into that when I get a chance.

Kimberly said...

Val - if you read the first one and want to read the other two, you are welcome to borrow mine! It'll just be another good excuse to get together :-)

nateandcole said...

I jumped on the bandwagon 1 1/2 weeks ago too and finished the third one today! That's impressive you finished them that fast although I'm not surprised--they are hard to put down!

Cambrea said...

My sister-in-law has been after me to read this series, but I thought the storyline sounded really, well, dumb. But if you liked it so much, I think I'll have to give it a try.

Kimberly said...

Hehe - I thought they sounded dumb at first too :-) These books don't make my top ten list, but I did enjoy reading them...