Monday, March 09, 2009

Elite Spa Membership

Monday, March 09, 2009
Over the last several weeks, the Boise State Alumni Association and the Boise State Athletic Association held an online auction to help raise money for scholarships. Today was the last day to bid on items, so I decided to peruse the website to see if there was anything that peaked my interest. Almost right away, I noticed that nobody had bid for the 12 Month Elite Spa Membership at Planet Beach Contempo Spa... probably because the starting bid was kind of high (compared to other items such as 2 tacos and 2 burritos from Baja Fresh). Curious, I clicked on the link to learn more. Turns out, the spa membership includes unlimited access to all spa services, including the Mystic spray spa, vitamin steam baths in the hydration beds, facial spas, hydro massage, UV therapy (tanning beds), and more for an entire year. The value of the package was $1200! Nobody had bid on the package, so in an attempt to do my part to help raise scholarship funds (at least that's what I told myself!), I put in the minimum bid. Guess what! At the end of the day, nobody had bid against me, and I WON!!! The best part is that I won the package for less than 1/4 the actual value. I am SUPER excited about my year of pampering :-)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

First off the cruise looked amazing!!! I am so glad that we picked such a cool cruise!! and the Brooke could enjoy it for me :) Second of all talk about great deal!! You'll need all the papering especially with your new calling :) But you'll do great!!!

Liz said...

Oh my goodness, Kim, your life looks great! I haven't checked my blogs for a while, so I needed to "catch up" on yours. I am SO infinitely jealous of the year spa membership! That sounds so, so relaxing and wonderful. And the cruise?! How fun! I'm glad you are doing so well! Maybe a trip to England in the future? :)

Corinne said...

What a treat!