Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Help Bail Me Out!

Tuesday, July 06, 2010
A couple weeks ago I received a phone call from the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) telling me that I had been nominated as a "community leader" to assist with the annual MDA Lockup fundraiser.  I asked who had nominated me and was told there was a "witness protection program".  Hmmm... I'm pretty sure it was because of my involvement with Boise Rec Fest - not sure how else I would be considered a community leader!  Anyway, over the next month, I need to raise $1600 to post my "bail".  I will be picked up from work one afternoon in early August by some firemen and driven to the lockup event (which happens to be in the Stueckle Sky Center this year... not a very far drive!).  I was told something about being put in jail stripes and having my mugshot taken.  Anyway, I'm hoping to have my bail posted before the event, and this is where I can use your help!  Any donations to the MDA on my behalf would be MUCH appreciated.  All donations are tax-deductible!  You can make donations on my Lockup homepage: https://www.joinmda.org/bsuskybox2010/kimberly  (you might get a warning about the certificate - it's okay to accept it!).  Any donation big or small is appreciated.  Thanks to those of you who have already donated - I'm 1/16th of the way there!!  Oh, you'll have to check out the video on my Lockup home page... it's pretty cute!

0 comments: