Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Book Club

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
For some reason, I've always thought it would be so much fun to be part of a book club. I've always enjoyed reading, and I have pictured a book club being a place for intelligent conversation on the most interesting of books. Needless to say, I was super excited to find out that my new ward meets monthly for book club and I jumped at the chance to join in the fun. Tonight was my second book club meeting - we discussed the book Kite Runner (I'll be posting a review on my book review blog soon). The book was definitely thought-provoking and produced some deep conversation. I can't wait until next month!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Ooh, I'm in a book club and I love it! This month we are reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by the same guy that wrote the Kite Runner. We have read SO many great books for book club that I never would have found on my own! I'm so glad you are doing it!

Lisa O said...

I'm excited to hear your thoughts on The Kite Runner. Glad to see you joined Goodreads too!! As great as I think Goodreads is, there's nothing better than discussing a great book in person with friends. Enjoy your book club!

Steph said...

i LOVED the kite runner. we just watched the movie too and even though the book is better, they still did a good job with it. you should totally read a thousand splendid suns. even though i heart the kite runner i think i like that one even better, but they both are two of my top reads from last year.

Val said...

Wow, that picture is like a flashback for me with all those girls that were in my ward growing up! I didn't read the book, but I watched the movie and found most of it quite disturbing. Jon told me the book had a lot more of the graphic stuff in the movie so I don't think I'll read it.