Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chinden Chicks

Saturday, May 17, 2008
My sister emailed me a fews days ago asking if I was okay, as I hadn't posted in a while :-) I decided I needed to get with it and write a few things down... starting with Race for the Cure! Last Saturday was the annual 5k race - I have loved participating the last few years, and this year was no exception. The Race for the Cure never seems to turn out like I have planned. One year something came up and I could only stay long enough to do the one-mile loop. Last year, Beki had just torn her ACL, so we walked the 5k instead of running like we had wanted to. This year I signed up for the 5k run, but everyone in my group (the Chinden Chicks!) was walking, so I decided to join them instead of getting lost in the sea of thousands of people at the end of the race! We all had a great time and are looking forward to running our next race together :-) I'll post pictures as soon as I get them - they were all taken on my friend's camera.

Update: I found this picture on someone's facebook page, so thought I'd add it here! This is part of the "Chinden Chicks" team :-)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey friend!!!
You can totally join my jump rope club...we should set aside a day that we meet!!! any ideas? I wish I could have joined in on the 5k!!! Stupid work... I'll just quite. who needs a job anyway!

Lisa O said...

I was wondering if everything was okay too. I'm glad you've just been busy! :) I hope to be in Boise sometime during the race for the cure so we can do it together.

Oh, and did you get our reunion invitation this week? Can you believe it's been 10 years?!

Val said...

That race was crazy! I kept losing the people I came with because it was so crowded!

Robin said...

Waiting for those pictures! waiting waiting.

The group Chinden Chicks sounds really cool.

Mandi said...

That sounds like fun! I was going to comment the other day, but then I decided to look up the chinden chicks online and see if there were any pics. All I saw was the list of people on your team. It said the captain was Jennifer Bradley. Did she graduate with me by chance? If not, there is another girl with that same name who did!

Kimberly said...

Okay Robin, I finally posted a picture :-)

Lisa - yep I got the reunion invitation... crazy! It makes me feel old.

Mandi - yep, that's the same Jen Bradley. We go to church together now!