Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Broke Down...

Sunday, September 28, 2008
... and got cable television this week! I have been in my house now for 4 1/2 years and have always used bunny ears to watch tv. I have this awesome projector so my tv is GIANT, but usually it's pretty fuzzy (I can't seem to get the bunny ears in a position that works for all channels). I even have one television in my front room inside a beautiful armoire that I've never been able to watch because there is no way I am putting bunny ears on top of the armoire. Unfortunately without the bunny years all I get is gray fuzz! Anyway, I debated and debated before I actually got cable. I don't watch a whole lot of tv, so was it worth the extra cost? I decided it was, based on these two facts:

1. In a few months, I was going to have to purchase 3 converter boxes so that my tvs would work at all (because of the digital tv transition). Those run between $40-$70 each, so that's $150 I don't have to spend. Plus, I don't even know how that would have worked with my projector...

2. I love Boise State football. I decided this year I really wanted season tickets, so I got on the waiting list, and was stoked when they actually called me telling me there were tickets available. The down side was that the tickets were $283 (I get half price, so I would have been able to get two sets for $283), but they were pretty good seats so I would also have to pay a $625 BAA (Bronco Athletic Association) fee in addition to the tickets. In a moment of weakness I agreed to buy the tickets, only to get home that night and freak out. What was I thinking? I was seriously going to spend $908 on football tickets??? That's over $150 per game!!! Thankfully, I called the next day, and I was able to get out of it. Needless to say, I saved myself almost $1000 by not getting season tickets, but I still wanted to be able to watch all the games. How was I supposed to do that without ESPN? :-)

So... there's how I justified to myself that it was okay to get cable, even if I'm not a huge tv watcher. Sounds to me like I'm saving myself a lot of money!

1 comments:

The Thackers said...

Here's another one, now you get the BYU channel and can watch lots of enriching programs. :) Always here to help.