Saturday, August 22, 2009

Boise State is Smoke Free

Saturday, August 22, 2009
I have been working at Boise State for almost four years now... boy does time fly! Over the last four years I have grown to love Boise State, and am proud to be a Bronco. I love my job, have excellent co-workers, and think campus is so beautiful. I can't wait for students to be back on campus Monday - the energy the first week of school is incredible. It often makes me wish I were back in college.

One thing I am very excited about is that this past Monday Boise State became smoke free. That means that no student, employee, or visitor can smoke on campus or any of the sidewalks surrounding campus. All the ash trays have been removed and there are now smoke free campus signs reminding people of the new policy. There are no longer designated "smoke free entrances" to buildings because they are all smoke free - hooray! I definitely didn't enjoy walking through a cloud of smoke to get into a building, so I either held my breath or went to another entrance... No longer will I have to do that!

It's probably about a mile from one end of campus to the other. I work right in the middle of campus, but walk all over throughout the day to get to meetings. It seemed inevitable that I would get behind someone who was smoking as I walked from meeting to meeting, so I would have to walk really fast to get around them - I HATE the smell of cigarette smoke! Needless to say, I am thrilled that this new policy is in place :-)

0 comments: