Thursday, August 06, 2009

First Thursday

Thursday, August 06, 2009
Tonight, despite the rainy weather (it totally felt like it was October today!), Jen, Tyler, and I headed out to enjoy First Thursday. We hit up the Idaho Historical Museum, the Boise Art Museum, and Boise Art Glass. My favorite was Boise Art Glass where we got to watch artists at work making blown glass vortex marbles. It was so beautiful to see how everything came together. I especially loved some of the chandeliers that were for sale... I think it would be so cool to have one over my dining room table - wouldn't that be a cool conversation piece?

There was one exhibit at the Boise Art Museum that I really loved by artist Devorah Sperber called Threads of Perception. She literally makes art out of spools of thread. The interesting part, though, is that the artwork looks like it's upside down, but then you view it through an acrylic sphere and the image displays upright and and is much clearer. It's so much cooler to see it in person, so if you live in Boise and get a chance to visit the Art Museum before September 20th, I strongly encourage you to go!

Once we had finished hitting the galleries we wanted to see tonight, we met up with Jared and Andrea for dinner at Chapalas. It was definitely a fun night!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

I wish my days were nearly as fun as yours. Sounds like you keep life interesting!