Saturday, July 16, 2011

All Alone at the Gym

Saturday, July 16, 2011
My trainer Brandee is out of town, so I was in charge of this morning's workout.  Melissa and Robin both planned to meet me at the gym at 8:00 am, and I was excited to try out the workout I wrote up just for the occasion... until I realized neither of them were showing.  Hmmmm.  For a few minutes I debated about just going home and going back to bed for an hour or so.  But then I remembered all the treats I had at the pool party last night, so I bucked up and worked out alone.  I really don't like working out alone - the other people push and motivate me so much - so I was proud that I completed my workout.  Since I couldn't share with Melissa and Robin, I thought I'd share with anyone who wants an hour worth of (mostly) cardio who happens across my blog.

Warm Up - 15 minutes
5 minute walk
1 mile run (1.0 incline, 6.0 speed)

Incline Walk - 10 minutes
This is harder than you would think... no holding on!!
4.0 speed, 10.0 incline - 1 minute
4.0 speed, 11.0 incline - 1 minute
4.0 speed, 12.0 incline - 1 minute
4.0 speed, 13.0 incline - 1 minute
4.0 speed, 14.0 incline - 1 minute
4.0 speed, 15.0 incline - 1 minute
4.0 speed, 14.0 incline - 30 seconds
4.0 speed, 13.0 incline - 30 seconds
4.0 speed, 12.0 incline - 30 seconds
4.0 speed, 11.0 incline - 30 seconds
4.0 speed, 10.0 incline - 30 seconds
2.5 speed, 0 incline - 1.5 minutes

Side Shuffle/Lunges (complete twice) - 12 minutes
2 minute side shuffle (each side) - 3.5 speed, 1.5 incline
2 minute walking lunges - 1.2 speed, 1.5 incline

Pull-ups - about 1 minute
25 incline pull-ups (on the treadmill)

Bosu Exercises (complete twice) - about 10 minutes
50 bosu jump overs (each side)
15 bosu burpees with bosu shoulder press at top
50 squats on the upside down bosu ball

Abs (complete twice) - about 5 minutes
50 roman chairs
50 bicycle crunches
50 russian twists (each side) with medicine ball (I used 8 pounds)

Sprints - 4 minutes
Alternate 30 seconds running, 30 seconds straddling the treadmill... you can do as many sprints as you want to finish the workout.  I only had time for 4 sprints to keep me at an hour workout.
7.0 speed, 1.0 incline
8.0 speed, 1.5 incline
9.0 speed, 2.0 incline
10.0 speed, 2.5 incline

3 comments:

siredge said...

If you find yourself needing workout buddies on Saturday mornings, Lowell and I have been going running on the greenbelt at 6ish. It may not have as many changes of pace, but you might avoid working out alone.

Mandy Nelson said...

You should be a trainer in all your free time! ;) What a workout!

Kimberly said...

Bryce - how far do you guys go? I will definitely keep that in mind! Even if I have bootcamp, I may be able to get a run in with you guys beforehand since you go so early...