Sunday, July 10, 2011

Helmet Hair

Sunday, July 10, 2011
I love almost everything about riding a motorcycle.  I know I've talked before about how I feel riding isn't just about the destination, but about the journey.  Everyone knows I don't love driving in a car - I would MUCH rather FLY somewhere and skip the "journey" part of it all together.  But riding my bike is completely different.  The wind, the smells, the freedom.  Okay, I feel like I'm repeating myself.

Last night I went on a beautiful ride with a motorcycle gang.  I'm talking EIGHT bikes!  SO. MUCH. FUN.!!!  I don't think I stopped smiling the entire time.  The picture above is at Swan Falls overlooking the beautiful Snake River.  Definitely a fun night and one of the highlights of my weekend.

If you look back up at the first sentence of this post, you'll see I said I love ALMOST everything about riding.  Helmet hair is one thing I could definitely do without.  I swear, I put that helmet on for two minutes and my hair goes completely flat.  It often gets a little crinkle in the front - not quite sure how that happens.  Anyway, so when I take my helmet off after riding, I have helmet hair the rest of the day.  Not Fun.  Or at least Not Cute!  I've especially noticed how bad helmet hair can be with my new shorter haircut.  I think before it was easier to just pull it back in a ponytail and that way it wouldn't really matter that it was flat.  Right now I have no options except to let my hair look like it's plastered to my head.  Lucky me.  I promise, my hair looked much cuter before the ride!

2 comments:

Beki and Bryce said...

looks awesome!!! and thats an awesome picture! that should be your facebook profile picture :)

Mandi said...

I love the pic too! And I think your hair looks great!