Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beautiful Day

Sunday, July 17, 2011
I am loving the beautiful weather we've been having lately.  Sure, summer showed up WAY too late, but we have been rewarded so far by the fact that we haven't had any really hot days.  I am taking advantage of that while I can.

Yesterday Aaron (one of my new riding buddies) and I took a nice little ride out to Ten Mile Creek.  Some of the houses we saw along the way were gorgeous.  I think I will have to go back out there just to drool over the houses and their great view.  Once we got out to Ten Mile Creek, we rode up and down the same stretch of road three times because the slight curves are a lot of fun :-)
Then last night, a group of us hiked Table Rock.  Matt and I rode our bikes out to the base of the trail, giving me a second "mini" ride in for the day.  We had hoped to hike to the top in time to see the sunset... but as things would have it, the sun was almost set by the time we started our hike.  That's all right, though - we still got to see the sky turn a beautiful purple and pink on our way up.  And the sunset reflected off the storm clouds behind Table Rock making for an awesome picture background!

0 comments: