Saturday, October 29, 2011

Getting Paid to Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011
As you know, I started a new position at work a little over two months ago.  To be honest, it started out a little slow.  It was a brand new position, so I was trying to define what my position really was - it was my job to come up with my own work!  Well, things are really starting to pick up (I knew they would!)... A large project for which I am project manager is underway and I know things will get even crazier as we move forward.

Anyway, back to the topic of this post - I get to blog at work!!!  Yep, it's now officially part of my job.  In an all-OIT meeting, the question was asked of how we might keep the campus up-to-date on the status of the Campus Roadmap and the projects we are working on... and someone suggested a blog.  I was excited to take on this responsibility!  I have already posted a couple times, and will be blogging at least weekly with status updates and general interest topics.  So if one day you are super bored and want to see what I'm up to at work, you can get updated on our Roadmap website :-)

0 comments: