Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Practice

Thursday, April 19, 2007
I haven't played softball in 14 years... so why I think I can play on a co-ed city league softball team, I'm not quite sure. But I've decided to play. My friend Diana joined a team this year, and they needed more girls (there has to be a certain ratio of girls to guys). Now that I'm done with school, I seem to have lots of extra time on my hands, so I decided to give it a shot. Diana and I threw the ball back and forth a couple times this week on a break or at lunch (we work together) just to make sure I wouldn't embarrass myself too badly in front of the rest of her teammates. Diana still had to chase after a few balls - it's amazing how I have totally forgotten how to throw a ball... it seems so unnatural! Tonight was my first practice (and coincidentally, the last practice before games start on Monday), and my first time of trying to hit a ball in 14 years. I have a problem with hand-eye coordination, but when I managed to hit the ball, most of them were pretty decent hits (at least I think I should be able to get to first base). This should be a fun ride... I'll keep you posted :-)

2 comments:

Lisa O said...

Is this the same Kimberly I know? Now you're a runner AND a softball player?! Way to go Kim! Can't wait to hear more of how this new adventure goes!

Corinne said...

Seriously! You are my hero! I wish I had the energy you do. Way to go Kimberly! You're the best!