Monday, April 02, 2007

My Little Herb Garden

Monday, April 02, 2007
Without school this spring/summer, I thought I'd try my hand at gardening this year. So I got my start tonight by planting my first herb garden :-) Okay, I think the pots I picked out are maybe a bit too small, but they sure are cute! Anyway, I planted peppermint, thyme, sweet basil, and cinnamon basil. I thought I might actually use the first three in recipes, and the last one I just thought sounded cool! If anyone has any fun summer recipes that call for any of these ingredients, I'd love to hear about them!

This is just the first post of several garden posts to come (I hope!). My brother & I ripped up a huge bed of ivy in my front yard, and I'm planning on planting a bed of perennials. I ordered 26 plants from a nursery I found online, and they should be delivered in a week of two. And soon it should be warm enough to plant my vegetable garden with all fixings for fresh salsa!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

Cute pots! I don't cook . . . so I don't know any recipes! Sorry. I am trying to cook more. I just went out and bought a Better Homes and Garden cookbook to hopefully encourage me to try some new recipes . . . If I find any with those herbs I'll let you know. :)