Monday, July 16, 2007

Not All Records Are Good

Monday, July 16, 2007
Boise has had pretty crappy air quality lately. It isn't uncommon to have yellow air quality alerts in Boise in the summertime, but this month has been especially bad. I heard on the news tonight that today was the 6th day in a row of orange air quality, and the ninth day so far this month, exceeding the previous July record of three orange air alerts. And when it hasn't been orange, it's been yellow. Today is July 16th, and there have only been two days this month with good air quality. The sad thing is, it doesn't look like we're likely to get relief soon, especially with continued HOT weather and anticipated evening thunderstorms (which will bring lightning & cause fires). Oh well, I guess I'll do what I can by trying to minimize my driving, etc.

I have to share a comment that is somewhat related: My friend Tim was in town last week visiting from the DC area - he thought it was funny that we had "colored" air quality alerts. He said in DC if you heard there was an "orange alert", it was referring to the likelihood of a terrorist attack! :-) I love Boise, bad air quality and all!

0 comments: